What Sapped My Strength?
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Tracie Miles

Ever wake up after a full night’s sleep and still feel tired? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Not too long ago I woke up feeling groggy, empty, and sad. I didn’t have a reason to be discouraged, but my heart felt heavy. Then, I felt a tugging at that heavy heart to read my bible. As I opened it, I felt God leading me to a place that says, “My strength was sapped as in the heat of summer.” I realized the temperature outside wasn’t what was stealing my joy; it was my lack of strength. In my busyness, I hadn’t been taking time to read my Bible and talk to God. So, God’s strength inside me had started to fade and my own strength just wasn’t enough. I was so glad my joy and peace returned after spending time with Him that morning. He began to renew my strength. If you want to learn more about experiencing God’s peace and strength in the midst of your busy life, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Breathe by Kari Wyatt

"Why Should I Know God’s Word?Devotion by Melissa Taylor

The Face of God” Devotion by Marybeth Whalen



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits