Follow the Leader
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope with Sharon Glasgow

Ever get in a fight with your husband about how things should be done? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ll admit I have my own ideas about how things should be done: how to raise and discipline our kids; how and where our money should be spent; what activities to be involved in and what should be on my “honey do” list this weekend.

It feels like the world is always telling me to do things my way. Well, being independent isn’t a bad thing. But it makes it hard for me to make decisions with my husband or to follow his lead.

So, what do I do? I’ve learned that when I don’t agree with my husband’s ideas or requests, I need to trust God’s plans by biting my tongue, listening to my husband’s words, and honoring him with mine. I’ve been surprised many times when I did these things and then later realized God was leading my husband in the right direction after all! For more marriage encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
In His Dreams, Free Online Daily Devotion, November 30, 2006, by Sharon Glasgow

Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

What a Husband Needs from His Wife, by Melanie Chitwood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits