You Complete Me!
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I love a good movie but I have to be careful not to let them affect my thinking! Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. There’s a part in one famous movie where the leading man looks at the leading lady and says, “You complete me.” Wow! What a line! A typical conversation between my husband and me doesn’t contain words that are quite so moving. Did you pick up the dry cleaning, how much was the power bill this month, and even our usual love you…love you too- don’t measure up to “You complete me.” But the reality is I don’t have to hear those smooth, Hollywood words when my husband lives out a much stronger message of love, integrity, and faithfulness everyday. I just need to remember how very lucky I am. And, if I’m dying for dramatic words to be spoken in my marriage, then I can certainly make my husband’s day by saying them to him. For more marriage encouragement, log onto Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Capture His Heart, by Lysa TerKeurst

Surrendering Your Marriage, Free Online Daily Devotion, September 5, 2007, by Melanie Chitwood


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits