Muscles
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Melissa Taylor

I just read an article that said once you hit 40, you start to lose muscle. Well, I recently hit 40, so I panicked! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The article said, “Muscle loss slows metabolism and weakens our bones.” I’d better start exercising!

You know, the same is true of our spiritual muscles. Our spiritual muscles are our heart and mind and, to keep them fit, we have to exercise them by reading the Bible, praying, and keeping a godly perspective in everyday life. If we stop doing these things, our spirit grows weak because we don’t have the strength we need to handle life without fear, worry, insecurity, and uncertainty.

When I don’t exercise my spiritual muscles, these weaknesses creep back into my life and I forget the awesome power I once had. So, work, family, or busyness can’t be an excuse. I’ve got to do what it takes to keep my spiritual muscles strong! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Muscles, Free Online Daily Devotion, July 09, 2007, by Melissa Taylor

A Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer, by Cheri Fuller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits