Helping the World
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever seen the pictures of people in developing nations and thought, “I should do something to help but I don’t know what?” I’ve felt that way, too. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Recently, on a trip to Ecuador, I had a chance to talk with a mother of five, living in a two room shanty on the side of a mountain. I asked what the hardest part of her life was. With tears in her eyes she said that carrying food and laundry up and down the mountainside was crippling her back. I asked about a donkey and was told that she’d never be able to afford such a luxury. I found out that to get a donkey for this family would be $150. I thought, “I might not be able to save every hurting family in the world but I can get a donkey for this one.” For more ideas on changing the world by helping those around us, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Small Acts of Grace, by Alice Gray

Open For Service, Free Online Daily Devotion, June 14, 2007, by Tracie Miles


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits