Keep on Shining
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Melissa Taylor

If I’m supposed to be a light why do I sometimes feel so dim? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Jesus said we are the light of the world and that we shouldn’t hide our light but put it on a stand for everyone to see.

I used to have trouble thinking of myself as the light of the world. But then I realized I’m not the light. Jesus is the light in me. Then I asked myself some questions. Does His light shine through me for others to see? Sometimes yes, but sometimes, no. So, what are the things that hide His light? Things like: Focusing on myself, Worry, Concern about what others will think, busyness and not spending time with God so He can recharge His light in me.

There’ll always be something to keep my light from shining. So, I’m trying to focus on Jesus instead of myself. That way others can see God’s power in my life and be drawn to His Light in me! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Keep On Shining, Free Online Daily Devotion, July 19, 2007, by Melissa Taylor

A Busy Woman’s Guide to Prayer, by Cheri Fuller


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits