Riding the Wave of Emotion
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve discovered a life-changing truth when it comes to my crazy emotions. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries and what I’ve found is that I can make good decisions despite my feelings. You see, I used to try to feel my way to decisions. The problem with this is that my feelings can be fickle at best and lead me astray at worst. But now I’ve learned that I have a choice when it comes to the attitude I have and the emotions I express. And this choice does not have to be based on the circumstances that come my way. For example, if my husband says something that hurts my feelings, I have a choice to get swept up in a tirade of emotion and assumption or to simply say, “Hey hon…that remark hurt me. Can you clarify what you meant?” This helps me get to the root of the issue without my emotions unnecessarily escalating. For more relationship ideas click on Everyday Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
The Five Languages of Apology, by Dr. Gary Chapman and Jennifer Thomas

A Yeah Day, Free Online Daily Devotion, May 24, 2007, by Wendy Pope


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits