Planted by Water
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Glynnis Whitwer

Andrew ran into the kitchen, grabbed a pot, filled it with water, and ran outside. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I found my son sprinkling water on the petals of my drooping flowers. He didn’t realize that the plant needed to be watered at the roots.

Sometimes I try to nourish my faith on the surface instead of at the root. I’ll sing songs at church while thinking about where to go for lunch afterward. I’ll listen to my pastor’s message and think about how much my husband needs to hear it. And I’ll read my Bible on the run without spending time to let the words really sink in.

The Bible says we’re like a tree that needs to be planted by water so our roots grow deep and get the nutrients they need. So I want to plant myself in God’s presence by spending time reading my Bible and praying each day. A sprinkle of water didn’t help my flowers and a sprinkle of Truth isn’t enough for me. For more encouragement, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Planted by Water, Free Devotion by Glynnis Whitwer

God Calling, by A.J. Russell


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits