Boundaries
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

My dogs have a great life, yet given the chance they might push past the boundaries of our fence and run away. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Champ and Chelsea have a pond to swim in, a field to run in, all the food they need, and owners who love and care for them. Yet, I’ve noticed both of them looking longingly on the other side of our fence. It’s as if they’re saying, “All this is nice but we are certain there’s something better out there.” Little do they know that outside our fence awaits dangers they can’t even fathom. But I guess I can’t blame them for something I’m guilty of as well. How many times have I been tempted to step just outside of what I know to be God’s best? God, thank you for the boundaries that you have set up for me. And, help me to trust you enough to stay safely inside. For more encouragement, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Becoming A Woman Who Listens To God, by Sharon Jaynes

Missing The Fireflies For The Trees, June 13, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lysa, I was flabbergasted as I drove down the road today and heard your broadcast! My two dogs are named Champ and Chelsea! To beat that, I had just written a devotion about them on my website a few days ago almost about the very same thing! I guess great minds think alike! Ha! Anyway, Had to share that with you! God is so awesome. He speaks to us in so many ways. Even through our percious animals. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.
Love and Blessings,
Starr

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits