Surrendering Your Marriage
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Melanie Chitwood and Renee Swope

My friend is struggling in her marriage. She never imagined she would have thoughts of divorce. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When I heard about my friend and her struggles, I thought about my marriage. I whispered prayers of thanks that my husband and I are still together because for several years we fought constantly. We loved each other but we couldn’t figure out how to be happily married.

Finally, I cried out for God’s help and I sensed He was telling me to love my husband unconditionally and to respect him completely. Then I realized God promised to do it through me.

I try to seek His help each day and rely on HIS unconditional love for me. I ask God to show me ways to respect my husband. I often take two steps forward and one step back. But that’s still progress! And, God has transformed our marriage into one of friendship, intimacy, and laughter. For more, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Surrendering Your Marriage, Free Devotion by Melanie Chitwood

What a Husband Needs from His Wife by Melanie Chitwood

Expert marriage advice at Growthtrac online


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits