Only I Can Do It
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Zoe Elmore

When it comes to reading the Bible, no one else can do it for me! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. With so many Christian books and speakers around today, I’ve noticed how convenient it is to just download a pastor’s message or read a book for spiritual teaching. And, while these are great tools, I can sometimes depend on them to help me grow in my faith rather than actually reading the Bible for myself.

But, one thing I’ve learned in my relationship with God is the only way I’ll get to know the Bible is to actually sit down and read it. Resources like Bible Studies or web sites can help me understand what I’ve read. And, listening to my pastor in church can lift me up or challenge me in a certain area of my life. But, I can’t allow any of these things to replace my personal time with God, reading His Words in the Bible. Have you ever struggled with this? Find some encouragement by clicking on Every Day Life at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
God’s Purpose for Every Woman Devotional Book, Edited by Lysa TerKeurst and Rachel Olsen

“Eating Disorder,” February 13, 2007, Online Daily Devotion

“Freshen Up”, July 12, 2007, Online Daily Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits