Stay Within the Margins
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Glynnis Whitwer and Amanda Waldroop

When it comes to spending do you have a margin for financial emergencies? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I love a bargain, but sometimes I buy so many bargains that I can spend every last penny on stuff I don’t need. Then I don’t have anything left for the things I DO need let alone for any unforeseen emergency. Sure, I may have stocked up on turkey-themed plates for Thanksgiving next year…but I forgot to leave something to buy the milk my family needs today. Have you ever found yourself in this situation? Maybe, like me, you need to learn to spend your money within the margins by creating a budget for the things you need each month. With a little planning before our shopping trips we can make sure we have enough for our necessities, some of our wants, and we can set something aside in case of an emergency. If you’d like help creating your margins, log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

A $5 Wallet”, January 29, 2007 Online Devotion

Five-Star Living on a Two-Star Budget, by: Margaret Feinberg and Natalie Nichols Gillespie



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits