Life’s a Beach!
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’m hot. I’m thirsty. Can’t we just go home? Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Just listening to my kid’s comments, you would have thought we were in a work camp digging ditches somewhere. The reality was we were on vacation at the Beach! Oh, how their complaining got on my nerves. But instead of giving into my frustration I decided to point out to my kids that everything in life has good parts and bad parts. Yes, it was hot and being sandy can get uncomfortable but instead of putting our focus there, why not focus on the beauty of the beach, the amazing sound of the ocean, and how fun riding the waves can be. Before long, we were laughing and playing again. Everything in life has its ups and downs. It’s up to us where we focus our attention and that will determine whether we’re down in the dumps or living large and laughing. For more life encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I am Feeling Drained; by Lysa TerKeurst

5 Fun Summer Activites for Families, June 2005 ETC

Living Life on Purpose by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits