Selfish or Selfless?
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing writers: Melanie Chitwood and Renee Swope

Most Monday mornings I dread looking at my LONG to-do list! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

One Monday my to-do list was especially long because I’d been out of town for the weekend. My husband was home that day with his own to-do list – and I was an essential part of it. You see, he needed to take his truck in for repairs, and then needed me to take him to run his errands. What about my errands? I thought.

He was leaving the next day for a business trip and this was his only chance to get some things done. So, I said a quick prayer for God to change my heart and help me be a giver rather than a taker.

Marriage gives us lots of opportunities to be selfless instead of selfish. When facing this choice we can ask God to give us His heart, so we can be the helpers our husbands need. Proverbs 31 Ministries wants to cheer you on in your marriage, so visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

What A Husband Needs From His Wife, by Melanie Chitwood

The Marriage I’ve Always Wanted”, March 16, 2007, Online Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits