God Is Faithful
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Susanne Scheppmann and Amanda Waldroop

If I really believe God is faithful and trustworthy, why do I sometimes doubt Him? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. The Bible says God is faithful beyond our imagination. But, I start to doubt Him when He isn’t faithful on MY terms. I want God to act according to my requests, my standards, and my time frame.

But is God a genie in a bottle? Can I rub a magic lamp and call out my wishes demanding He bring instant results? Sometimes I’d like for that to be the case. How about you? Have you ever said in frustration, “I cried out to God last night and He didn’t help me?”

When things don’t turn out the way we’d like we can be tempted to doubt God’s faithfulness. But, we need to remember that God’s help always comes. However, instead of always getting what we want He will give us exactly what we need.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Old Faithful”,January 15, 2007, Online Devotion

Getting Over The Blues, by Leslie Vernick



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits