Old Faithful
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Susanne Scheppmann and Amanda Waldroop

Do you have trouble trusting God to help you during a crisis? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. You know, sometimes it’s hard to remember that God is always faithful, even when He doesn’t do what I want when I want!

At Yellowstone National Park the great geyser, Old Faithful, can always be counted on to erupt, but not always on man’s timetable of every 96 minutes. In fact, after an earthquake, the time between the geyser’s eruptions is longer. But even when it’s not at the expected moment, the geyser got its name because it’s always faithful to release its spray.

Well, just like Old Faithful, I’ve found that God sometimes increases the time between my so-called earthquake and His rescue. By allowing a longer time span between crisis and aid, God brings me to a place where I must depend on Him, believe in Him and rely on Him.

To learn more about God’s faithfulness visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Old Faithful; Proverbs 31 Daily Devotion 1/15/07 (see devotion to make this stronger)

Getting Over The Blues, by Leslie Vernick



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits