A Manual for Marriage
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Did your marriage come with batteries included? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. On my wedding day I carried a lot of expectations with me down the aisle. I thought marriage would automatically make these expectations a reality, but I soon discovered that marriage is like getting a new toy.

Beneath the packaging lies an object with an “on” button that you push only to find that nothing happens. This leaves you confused and disappointed because you were so sure that just getting the toy would bring instant happiness.

But then you discover three little words: “Batteries not included.” The toy only works when the energy it needs to function is placed into it.

Well, I’ve found that marriage is the same. We start by reading God’s instruction manual for our relationships: the Bible. Then, we can look for ways to invest the time and energy needed to make it work.

For more marriage ideas log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“The Marriage I’ve Always Wanted”, March 16, 2007,Online Devotion

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits