Menu Planning
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Glynnis Whitwer

Do you stare at the fridge every night wondering, “What am I gonna make for dinner?” Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I try to create a menu plan each week. On Sundays, I write each day of the week on a piece of paper. Then I list our family activities for each night. Monday night my husband works late so we have leftovers. Tuesday is soccer practice at 7, so that is a good night for something quick, like a crock-pot meal. Friday night is family night so I plan something special. To help me find ideas, I started going online for new recipes. Another way to make it easier is to cook once for two meals. Bake a chicken on Sunday – and use the leftovers for chicken tacos on Tuesday. My family also loves for me to post our menu on the refrigerator so they can look forward to the delicious dinners, and it helps me remember what my plan is for that evening, in case I’m running late. Our P31 Woman monthly magazine is full of great recipes for your family. To find out more visit our web site at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

P31 Woman Magazine

ETC September 2005: Meal Swapping ~ Simplify Your Dinnertime Dilemma

Food that Says Welcome, by Barbara Smith


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits