A New Attitude
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Being a Christian doesn’t mean you won’t face difficult circumstances; it just means you can face them with a new attitude. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

My pastor recently said that he sometimes only feels as good as his last sermon. I can identify because sometimes I feel only as good as my last interaction with a loved one.

For example, my husband recently asked me where his passport was and when I couldn’t find it, I suddenly felt like an untrustworthy wife. Normally, my reaction would include frustration, short-temperedness, and beating myself up while tearing the house apart, but God’s Spirit prompted me to ask my husband to pray with me about the passport instead. Immediately, I went from feeling like a failure to a wife who faces hardships in a godly way.

To find out more about how God can help you handle life’s troubles with a new attitude, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Brain Blips, Mishaps, and Feelings of Failure; Proverbs 31 Daily Devotion (April 2007 devo)

Good To Me, by LaTonya Mason


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits