Don’t Go There
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Wendy Pope and Renee Swope

What’s your greatest temptation? Is it chocolate, shopping, or talking about other people? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ve noticed that my temptation to do something I shouldn’t do is hardest to resist when I let myself get close to it. Sometimes I simply tell myself, “Don’t even GO there!”

The Bible warns that our spirits are willing to say no, but our flesh is too weak to resist, so we have to take action. If I know temptation is right around the corner, I have to remove myself from it.

If my temptation is chocolate, I have to keep it out of sight. If it’s a great sale at the mall, I leave my credit card at home. If it’s gossip, I avoid being around people who like to talk about others. I’ve found that when I live by the motto “Don’t go there;” I don’t have to regret that I did. For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Lead Me Not Into Temptation,” August 16, 2006, Online Daily Devotions

Worship: Nearing The Heart of God, by Brian T Anderson and Glynnis Whitwer



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits