Saying Yes
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Since I was a little girl I’ve had a heart for the people in remote parts of Africa, but I never wanted to actually live there. Hi, I’m Lysa Terkeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries and while I prayed for the people of Africa, I would always throw in, “But Lord, don’t send me there!”

Many years later, God said, “Okay, then I will send Africa to you.” Soon afterward, our family adopted two teenage boys from Liberia. Now, I’m always moved by the sight of my boys who just a few years ago were forgotten orphans but now are beloved family members... my sons.

Have you ever felt like you wanted to do something courageous for God but were just afraid to say “yes” to whatever He might ask? Well, I know that feeling but I’m so glad I said “yes” anyway. What will you say? For more insight, take a look at our Encouragement for Today free daily email by logging on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Don’t Send Me to Africa”, March 26, 2007, Online Devotion

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits