A Day of Thanks
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Marybeth Whalen and Renee Swope

You’ve heard of a day of rest…how about a day of thanks? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Moving from one activity to the next often makes me forget to thank God for everything He does for me. He takes care of my needs, gives me wisdom to solve problems, and sends friends to encourage and comfort me when I need it. He gives me life and the hope of eternal life in Heaven. So, I want to get intentional about saying “thank you.” What about you?

Maybe once a week, or once a month, we can start planning family activities around giving thanks to God. We can play music that helps us say thank you and designate time to read from the Bible about giving thanks to Him. And, we can begin meals with a little time to talk about how we’ve seen God working in our lives and focuse on who He really is – our Creator, our Savior, and our Provider. For more ideas to celebrate God’s goodness in your life, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
Saying Thank You,” November 27, 2006, Online Daily Devotion

The Bathtub is Overflowing, but I Feel Drained; by Lysa TerKeurst



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits