A Contented Life
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writers: Amy Carroll and Amanda Waldroop

If you’re looking for contentment, don’t ask God for what you want – ask Him to help you want what you have. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Isn’t it ironic that the more we have, the more we want? It’ so easy to live beyond our means because we think we need more stuff. We end up spending out of control, landing ourselves knee-deep in debt.

When I experience financial anxiety, I know it’s time to seek contentment in what God’s provided for me. I need to start by thanking God for what I already have, knowing it’s the first step to being faithful with my resources.

When we struggle financially, we have to be careful not to envy those who don’t. And when we aren’t struggling financially, we need to guard our hearts against wanting a position of greater wealth than what God has given us.

God rewards good stewardship and is faithful to supply our needs - and even our wants now and then! For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“Learning Contentment,” January 2, 2007, Online Daily Devotion

Six Habits of Highly Effective Christians, by Brian T Anderson & Glynnis Whitwer


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits