Choice, Not Chance
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writers: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Having a great marriage is a matter of choice, not chance. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Leaving a marriage up to chance is like saying, “I hope we’ll just happen to have good communication, romantic dates, and share the responsibilities of life. “ These things don’t just happen.

If I want good communication, then I have to make sure my husband and I can really talk; not just debrief about the day’s events, but really dream, plan, laugh, and grow together. If I want romance, then I have to describe what that means to my husband. If I want him to long to come home at night, then I need to ask him how I can make our home a place he looks forward to returning to after work.

If I choose to invest wisely in my marriage, I can help it work the way God intended it to. For more marriage ideas, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

“The Marriage I’ve Always Wanted”, March 16, 2007,Online Devotion

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

This Crazy Little Thing Called Love Conference Tape Set


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits