Come Here and Listen
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

“Come here mommy!” My son took my hand and pulled me away. Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Joshua’s, attempts at getting my attention reminded me of a place in the Bible where God says, “Come here and listen to me! I’ll pour out the spirit of wisdom on you and make you wise.” Just like Joshua, God wants my full attention! He calls me away from distractions to listen to Him. Often I get too busy to stop and listen to God. But without His wisdom, I become paralyzed by indecision and I find myself turning to friends, family, and books for direction. Of course, these are all good resources, but none of them can actually make me wise like God can.

Could you use some wisdom? Is God saying to you, “Come here and listen to me”? The Bible is where you’ll find His wisdom. And, a great place to start is the book of Proverbs. It has 31 chapters – one for each day of the month! For more ideas, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:
"Living in the Hear and Now" - Part 1 by Renee Swope, September 14, 2005 Devotion

Breathe, by Keri Wyatt Kent


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits