Everyday Thankfulness
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I woke up this morning to the most beautiful scene. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Birds were singing just outside my window, the sun was starting to appear over the horizon and my kids were all sleeping. My heart welled up with thankfulness and I thought, “God, when’s the last time that I thanked you for the simple, everyday things I so often take for granted?” Immediately, I started thanking Him for my home that is safe, my kitchen stocked with food, for the health of my kids, and my car that gets us where we need to go. Now don’t get me wrong…life’s not perfect. After I thanked God I had to ask Him for some help with some things as well. But how it filled my heart with joy to first recognize all the good ways God had already provided for me. If you’d like some daily encouragement for your life journey be sure to visit Proverbs 31 Ministries today at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Living Life on Purpose, By Lysa TerKeurst

An Attitude of Gratitude by Micca Campbell, ETC November 2004


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits