Worst Mommy Ever
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst and Amanda Waldroop

Are you having a “worst mommy ever” day? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. It was supposed to be a fun weekend until my husband had to go out of town unexpectedly, leaving me with our five kids and their hectic schedules. My stress level on the rise, I forgot to feed the boys before their soccer game. So, I sped to a drive-thru to pick up breakfast. I hit a pothole pulling out of the parking lot which caused the drinks to spill everywhere. And before I knew it, a few unmentionable words spilled out of my mouth right in front of my kids! Later, I called a friend sobbing to tell her what a bad mother I was. She said:
Lysa,
1) Apologize to them
2) Ask God for forgiveness
3) Let Him change your attitude.
4) And get over it.

If you’re having a bad day, realize just because it started out that way doesn’t mean it has to finish that way! For more encouragement as a mom, visit proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

The Bathtub is Overflowing, But I am Feeling Drained, by Lysa TerKeurst

An Encouraging Word, January 2004 ETC


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits