Friendship Choices
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

“I want to quit school!” Oh such delightful words to hear from my twelve year old! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Growing up is hard to do especially in those ‘tween years. But this is also a time when life long perspectives on important issues are formed. So, we as parents have to be ready with advice that offers comfort, confidence and connection. It turned out my daughter was having some problems with her girlfriends. So, I hugged her, prayed with her and gave her some tips on dealing with friends when they hurt your feelings. A few days later she got in the car after school and said, “Mom, I’ve decided you have a choice with your friends. You can either deal with their quirks or stop hanging around them.” I replied back, “Now there’s a friendship lesson for girls young and old!” Speaking of friends, we consider you a friend and we’d love to have you visit us at Proverbs 31 Ministries. So log on to proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Sandpaper People, by Mary Southerland

Friendship: The Love Training Ground by Glynnis Whitwer - March 10, 2006 Devotion

Wise Up, by Rebecca Ingram Powell


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits