Better Caught Than Taught
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Mom, how am I supposed to learn to use kind words when you don’t use them with me? Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries, and, yes, my son actually said that. I’d answered the phone during “no phone” time. When I hung up, I remembered I needed to take a shower so we could leave in 45 minutes to meet friends. I rushed to get ready and shouted to Joshua to finish homework and put things away before watching a video. Once I was ready, I came hurrying downstairs and discovered two boys in front of the tv, and papers strewn across the table. I threatened they’d never watch television again and rushed them to the car!

That’s when my son asked that piercing question. And, you know, he’s right. If I can’t be patient and use kind words under pressure, how will my children learn to do so? I need to show them how and I need God’s help! Parenting can be hard but we’re not alone!! For more encouragement as a mom, visit us at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Mining For Gold in the Heart of Your Child (Character Chart and CD) by Renee Swope

Treasures of Truth by Renee Swope - August 25, 2005 Devotion


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits