Thorns or Flowers?
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Life really isn’t always a bed of roses. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. When I was in middle school my family was falling apart, so I went to live with my aunt for almost a year. I remember her telling me not to run through her rose garden.

I didn’t listen of course and took a running start with my arms stretched out wide only to be shocked with searing pain. Thorns. Big, mean, vicious thorns ripped my flesh and opened up a flood of tears. I looked at my source of pain and wondered if I should call it a bush of thorns or a bush of flowers. It could go either way.

You know, I can look back on my life in pretty much the same way. Would I see the hurt or would I see the beauty? And I guess you could say I've been making that choice everyday since my encounter with the rose garden. For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa's Blog

Check out the P31 Woman Magazine

What Happens When Women Say Yes To God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits