Self Control
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever been in a discussion when suddenly your blood pressure skyrockets and the worst version of you begs to come out? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

It’s hard when someone else does things out of our control, yanking our emotions into a bad place. But I can decide whether or not to give them the power to control these emotions.

When I react by yelling or making a snappy comeback, I basically transfer my power to that other person. When I’m void of power, I’m void of self-control.

Now, when I say “my power,” I really mean God’s power working in me. When I react according to God’s truths, I feel that power. When I react in a way that’s contrary to His truths, I’m powerless.

When God’s truth seeps into my mind, my heart accomplishes good things that help me display self-control. Read more when you click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa's blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst


Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl,
by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord He is soooo wonderful!!! I needed this soo much this morning!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to thank God for this broadcast it is truly a real encouragement for me some days more than others i am truely bless.

the holy spirit is at work.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits