Asking God For The Impossible
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Five years ago I listened as my sister told me she had rejected my religion. So I said, “Good thing I’m not into religion!”

Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. My sister shot back, “But you ARE religious.” And I simply said, “Nope.” Then I explained that I follow God not just a list of rules.

For years, I God chased me around with clear evidence of His presence. But I had to make the choice to see God. Hear God. Know God. Follow hard after God and read the Bible. Basically I learned to trade my doubts for an active faith.

That day I told my sister that I’d pray that God would mess with her in ways too bold for her to deny.

Fast forward over 5 years later; she called asking for those prayers. And that’s the miracle of Jesus. He’s the God of the impossible.

I wonder what might happen if we dared to ask God for the impossible just a little more often. For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits