The Formula
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I’ve learned I can’t build my identity as a parent on the fragile choices of my kids. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

When I was a young mom, I was desperate for a formula I could plug my family into that would yield great kids.

I spent the first 5 years of motherhood convinced I was messing my kids up beyond repair. I now have kids ranging in ages from 23 to 12 and I’ve finally learned there is no perfect parenting formula.

We weren’t made to follow formulas. We were made to follow Jesus.
This is true with every aspect of our lives. We were made to follow Jesus’ lead in our marriages, our jobs, our churches, our friendships, our everything.

I’ve learned to humbly acknowledge how much I don’t know about life and readily admit how much I need Jesus. In every way.

For more parenting ideas, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs 31 Ministries on-line at proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits