More Than A Story
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Sometimes I wonder if my kids think the Bible is just another storybook. Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I had to smile and thank God one afternoon when He showed me that wasn’t the case. You see my son Joshua, who was eight at the time, told me he was writing a book. It was about a little boy who got stung by a jellyfish and was afraid to go back in the ocean. Josh said that night the boy read about David in the Bible and asked God to give him courage, and the next day he went swimming.

Joshua’s fourteen now and I pray all the time that God will keep showing him the Bible offers hope for everything we face. Just like the boy in his book, I pray my son will go to God and read His Words for courage when life stings. I pray he’ll know that the Bible isn’t just a collection of stories, but a collection of God’s promises and principles to guide us through life.

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits