Saying Yes, Saying No
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

How do we decide what to say yes to and what to say no to? Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I’m convinced that one of the main reasons our lives get out of balance is because we have a hard time saying no. It just comes natural for us to be multi-taskers and people-pleasers. I don’t think I know any woman who doesn’t want to be there for everyone she knows whether at work, or church or friends. And I’m right there with her. I don’t wanna disappoint anybody. And for some reason I feel like I have to be it all and do it all.

But the truth is – I can’t. So, I’m learning to say no to a lot of requests for my time. That way I’ll have the energy and emotion I need to give to those closest to me. I know I’ll disappoint someone but I won’t be as likely to disappoint those I love most - which includes God and my family.

For more ideas on balancing life visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits