From Doubt To Dependence
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

Do you ever doubt yourself with thoughts like “I’m not good enough” or “I’m not smart enough?” Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

I recently surveyed over 1200 women about their self-doubts. Ninety percent said they often think things like, “I can’t do that.” ”I’m not good enough,” or “I’m not gifted enough.”

I’ve definitely felt that way and I used to beg God to take away all my doubts but, so far, He hasn’t.

Over time I’ve realized that instead of taking them away God uses my self-doubts to help me depend more on Him. When doubt fills my thoughts, I start to feel stuck. The only thing that helps me get unstuck is when I turn to God for help. It helps me to be honest with Him about how I’m feeling. Then I look for verses in the Bible that give me confidence.

Struggling with doubt can lead us to depend on God to help us stop listening to self-critical thoughts and start listening to His thoughts instead.

For more encouragement, click on Renee’s Blog at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits