A Friend's Permission
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

I got an email from a good friend this week, strongly encouraging me to take some time off from work to finish a project I’ve been trying to get to for months! Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Lysa knew I’d had a very stressful month. I'd been traveling a lot and just couldn’t keep up with life and family and work. She was concerned because she knew I was frustrated by the fact that I’d had to keep postponing this project.

It seemed like one unexpected need after the other just kept coming up. She also knew it would be hard for me to take time off work to do something I really “wanted” to do instead of something I “needed” to do.Ya know, sometimes we need a friend who’ll give us permission to do something for ourselves.

As soon as I read Lysa’s email I knew it was what I needed to do. It was permission from a friend and direction from God to take a break and do something I enjoy.

For more thoughts on friendship visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Order Renee’s book, “A Confident Heart.”

Check out Renee's other Resources at P31

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits