But I Don't Feel Gentle
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I can perform random acts of gentleness. But, gentleness doesn’t ooze from the core of who I am. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Can you relate to this?

This is especially true if I get stressed OR if I get sleepy. Something from the Bible that’s been really tugging at my heart lately is this: “Let your gentleness be evident to all.”

Yes, I want to be a gentle woman- even when things bump into my happy and make me feel anything but gentle.

I am capable of being gentle, I just have to intentionally practice it. And I can do this by practicing the another word from the same place in the Bible: Rejoice. The more my heart’s parked in a place of thanksgiving and rejoicing the less room I have for grumpiness.

And the more I rejoice, the more I keep things in perspective, and the more gentle I become. Share your thoughts when you visit Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Visit Lysa’s Blog

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl, by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God, by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Stacy T. said...

Thanks for this post! I heard it on the radio on Friday, and it really hit home. Sometimes it's just too easy to be snappy and quick to anger, hey were human! But the Lord is always there to remind us to be thankful, gentle and joyful. Philippians 4:4-7. Your broadcast reminded me of what a great book Philippians is!

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits