Abandon
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I long to live a life that’s pleasing to Jesus. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Not a plastic Christian life full of religious checklists. No, that would be hypocritical at best and deadening at worst. But a life that points to Him.

I am fascinated by the imperfect heroes of faith in the Bible who, despite their shortcomings, pleased God. So much so, part of me wants to find the hallmarks of their journeys, create a checklist based on their lives and follow in step.

But God never called me to follow them. Because it wasn’t their perfect actions that please God, but their abandon.

Everything they had. Everything they hoped for. It was all His. And I desire to live that same way, in complete and utter abandon. No checklists. Just heart checks to make sure I am chasing only God.

For more click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Check out Lysa's other resources.

Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl,
by Lysa Terkeurst

The Proverbs 31 Woman Magazine

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits