Goals
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A friend recently asked me what my goals are for the next five years. To which I quickly replied, “I have no idea!” Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

God promises many times in the Bible that He has a plan for our lives. Since our lives are lived moment by moment, that must mean that He has a purpose for each of our minutes, each of our hours, and each of our days.

So when I stopped to think about this recently, I realized I was so focused rushing toward the future, I had stopped considering God’s purpose for right now. I stopped looking for God in this moment.

I’ve learned that my goals won’t bring me significance and self-worth. Now I’m not saying having a plan is wrong. But it should never take my focus off of God and His moment by moment intentions for me.

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources:

Check out Lysa's other resources.

Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl,
by Lysa Terkeurst

The Proverbs 31 Woman Magazine

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits