Disappointment
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Sometimes disappointment can actually be a gift! Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Several weeks ago I was invited to speak at an event that was supposed to have nearly 5,000 people but- only 300 came.

That weekend I learned opportunity can be found in disappointment.

I met four amazing people that weekend. There was Petra my waitress, Tom the doorman, Jason the barista and a woman named Jenna whose car was damaged in a hit and run. Each of them had a story to tell, and because of the small crowd at the event, I had time to listen. If disappointment makes me think less of myself and more of others and God, than I choose to see it as a true gift. My prayer is that I’ll always remember to look on the fringe of my carefully planned days to recognize God’s unexpected appointments.

For more encouragement visit Proverbs 31.org.

Related Resources:

Check out Lysa's other resources.


Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl,
by Lysa Terkeurst

The Proverbs 31 Woman Magazine

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits