Brokenness For Protection
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Our sweet dog Chelsea is not the brightest around cars. In fact, she just got hit for the second time. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Other than a broken front leg, and a severely scraped up back leg – Chelsea’s okay. The vet said that in order for her leg to properly heal, we’d have to keep her calm for three long weeks. Well, last night all that stillness got the best of her and she wanted out to run and chase some unsuspecting night creature. But her brokenness couldn't handle that kind of freedom yet. So, I couldn’t let her go.

You know, when I ask God for things and don't get them, I can find myself whining a little too. Ever been there? Well, I’ve learned that God's love for me won’t let me to do certain things to protect me and keep me from things my brokenness can’t handle. And for that, I’m thankful. For more visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources


Visit Lysa’s Blog

Check out Lysa's Resources

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a life long lover of dogs, I was quite surprised to hear this from Proverbs 31 on ksbj today. Dogs shouldnt be expected to fend for themselves around cars. I bet Chelsea is a plenty smart dog, but if she has twice been hit by one, I would question whether her owners understand their responsibility in this. And it seems like as soon as she's healed she will again be allowed out to chase whatever she pleases, probably at great risk. She is one of God's amazing creatures. Please don't allow her to get hurt again! -dawn

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits