Sweating in Church
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you ever sat in church watching everyone else eagerly flip open their Bibles to the exact right passage while you don’t have a clue how to find what they ‘re reading? Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. I’ve experienced this. A nagging sensation that I didn’t belong and that I’ll never get it!

I lived there for a long time until someone challenged me to stop looking at reading my Bible and going to church as items on my Christian checklist. They challenged me to experience God instead.

It took many days of praying gut honest prayers. I told God I wasn't connecting and didn't understand. I asked Him to help me. Finally, a single verse suddenly came alive to me. I memorized it and thought about it all day long. Slowly I added more verses and eventually the Bible has become my greatest treasure. For more visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst

Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits