Keeping Hurt Feelings in Check
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Have you heard the expression, “Hurt people, hurt people?” Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. When someone hurts my feelings it can ruin my whole day. I find myself getting withdrawn. I snap at my kids. I’m short with my husband. Why is it so hard to step back from a hurtful situation and recognize it as one incident and not a life defining moment?

This is something I’ve decided to work on. When someone says something hurtful, I’m going to ask myself if any part of their statement was justified. I want to learn the truth of the situation and let the untrue parts go. I also need to pray and ask God to remind me of His constant love and forgiveness for me. I’m not a bad person and the one hurting me isn’t either. We’re both humans in need of the grace that God so freely gives. Lastly, I must forgive this person before bitterness has the chance to set in and rob my joy. For more encouragement, log on to Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit
Lysa’s Blog

Sandpaper People by Mary Southerland

Are You Struggling? Free devotion by Rachel Olsen

30 Days to Taming Your Stress by Deborah Smith Pegues


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits