Love Notes that Lighten Loads
Radio Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

How heavy is your child’s backpack? Hi, I'm Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries. Yesterday I lifted my son’s book bag and was shocked by its weight. I found 2 large textbooks, 2 big binders and a few candy wrappers buried inside.

I wondered, “How can Joshua carry this heavy load all day?” It dawned on me that middle school has not only increased his burden physically, but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. To help lighten his load, I’ve started putting little love notes in his book bag. I can just imagine him smiling as he reads my thoughts and looks at my smiley face inside a heart.

Notes tell our kids we’re thinking about them. A prayer lets them know they’re not alone. And a funny stick figure can bring laughter to their day. Love notes can lighten their loads and lift their hearts! Why not put a note of encouragement in your child's book bag today! For more ideas, click on today’s radio transcript at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Connect with Renee on her Blog and Facebook

Bible Based Parenting – “The Best Gift a Mom Can Give

Love Notes in Lunchboxes by Linda Gilden


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits