An Emotional Affair
Radio Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

A few years ago a friend of mine got tangled up in an emotional affair. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst with Proverbs 31 Ministries. The further she let her guard down, the more alluring the relationship became. She was a woman who loved her family and took her covenant of marriage seriously but the attraction to this other man seemed unavoidable.

As she described how she got pulled into this place, I was challenged by the realization of how subtly this had happened.

I realized that I had done little to guard myself against any potential emotional affair. The best way to overcome temptation is to keep my eyes open and to pray. I need to be aware of temptations, and sensitive enough to walk away from anything inappropriate. And I have to ask God to help me protect my heart, mind and emotions from anything that could pose a threat to my marriage in any way. For more, click on Lysa’s blog when you visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources

Connect with Lysa on her Blog and Facebook

Capture His Heart by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa TerKeurst


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you! I was meant to hear this show today. I'm not married but a man at work who has been becoming very friendly is. I reminded myself that my values are not negotiable and I'm worth a great single guy of my own.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits