Try Something New
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Renee Swope

You know I’m always telling my kids to be willing to try new things. But, maybe I need to be a little more open myself! Hi, I’m Renee Swope for Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Recently I spent a weekend with some friends who are on this crazy kick of eating only all-natural, healthy food. When we woke up the first morning, they informed me that we would not be drinking coffee; we would be drinking hot herbal tea. My caffeine-addicted body screamed – what?

I was searching for danishes and donuts when they announced we’d be eating poached eggs. I’d never eaten one of those! And in case you don’t know what that is - basically it’s a steamed egg. I wrinkled my nose and voiced my complaints but then I heard my own mommy voice say, “Don’t be afraid to try something new. “

And you know what; I’m now an official fan of poached eggs! But, I have to say I still enjoy my morning cup of coffee!

For more encouragement, visit Proverbs 31 Ministries at Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Free devotion, The Adventure of Obedience, by Glynnis Whitwer

The Woman I Am Becoming by T. Suzanne Eller

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits