Memories of My Typewriter
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

Want to keep your kids engaged in what you’re saying? Tie it to a story from your life. Hi, I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Once my dad brought home a typewriter that I would sit at for hours typing word after word. I shared this with my kids recently and told them how this was an important clue God used in my life to eventually reveal His purpose for me. I became a writer. Like the Bible says “God had a plan for me.”

My kids loved that story and remained engaged in our discussion about what plans God might have for their lives. I think that’s why Jesus taught with stories. While it may be difficult for a child to recall a passage they just read in the Bible, most can specifically recall the details of a story.

So, why not tie a Scripture verse to a story from your life and see if it helps your kids remember. For more, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Everyday Life Encouragement, Keep Communication Open with Your Kids, by Leigh Gray

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

What Happens When Woman Walk in Faith by Lysa TerKeurst

The Bathtub is Overflowing but I Feel Drained by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits