Rest
Hostess: Lysa TerKeurst
Contributing Writer: Lysa TerKeurst

I know taking time to rest is essential but life doesn’t always cooperate. Hi I’m Lysa TerKeurst for Proverbs 31 Ministries. Life is busy. Schedules are jam packed. So many things feel absolutely essential. But are they really?

I’ve been feeling challenged lately to rest more. Not just getting more sleep but having a more restful, peaceful attitude throughout my day. I just found I had gotten into this habit of rushing everywhere I went. I rush to the store. I rush to get my kids from school. Then I rush them to get their homework done, get through dinner, and finally rush to get them in bed.

Why all the hurry? Maybe I need to cut some things from our schedule? And really do it this time… Wanna join me? How have you found ways to make rest a priority?

Or do you struggle with this just like me? Hey click on Lysa’s blog at Proverbs31.org and we’ll talk about it.

Related Resources
Visit Lysa’s Blog

Everyday Life Encouragement, Make School Mornings Less Stressful

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your proverbs as often as I can. November is a very difficult month for me.

My Beloved Husband Joe passed awy from and Industrial injury at 45yrs old. I am 18yrs older I wonder why I am still here and he is not.

November 09,was our wedding,
Nov. 12, his birthday.Nov 23 Joe's death ona holiday Thanks giving day. I stll ask " Why Dear Lord ?"

I will never understand why I am alone now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I struggle so much in this area. I am always rushing our kids with homework, get dressed for school, home from school. It is never ending. I really struggle in this area!!
Angela T Ramsey

angela@shelby.net

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for your first post from Anonymous. I am sooo sorry about all that you have experienced in the month of November. I will pray for you and lift you up to our Heavenly Father.

Angela

Blogger Renee Swope said...

Dear Anonymous,

May the Lord provide comfort and solace in this very difficult month of November, as well as the days and weeks following. Please submit a prayer request on our website if you would like our team of prayer warriors to lift you up. We pray you are surrounded by your local church and finding rest in their friendship, in the Word and in quiet times with God.

Blessings,
Proverbs 31 Ministries

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits