Trust Him
Hostess: Renee Swope
Contributing Writer: Marybeth Whalen with Renee Swope

When God asks me to do things I don't understand, I have to decide if I’m going to trust Him or question Him.

Hi, I’m Renee Swope with Proverbs 31 Ministries

Sometimes God asks us to do things that seem unnecessary, or crazy. Like the time in the Bible when Jesus was asked to pay a tax and He responded by telling Peter to go catch a fish.

Miraculously, the exact amount needed for the tax was found in the mouth of the fish Peter caught. Now, Peter had a moment where he had to decide to accept Jesus' instructions or question them. Jesus could’ve produced the money in many different ways, but He wanted Peter to be involved.

So, when there’s something God’s asking me to do that doesn't make sense…the choice is mine. Ignore Him or trust Him.

I’m really trying to learn that I can trust that God has a plan — even when I don’t understand it.
For more encouragement, visit Proverbs31.org.

Related Resources
Visit Renee’s Blog

Visit Marybeth’s Blog

Free devotion, Do It, by Marybeth Whalen

The Tale of Three Trees retold by Angela Elwell Hunt

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is very difficult to trust God when all around you is raging. God didn't say there will be a perfect moment; or a perfect weather to trust him. He said to trust him anyway!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When he has asked me to trust me - told me to do something - and I over thought it, then decided what I wanted to do... I failed him and myself. I can see now that His way would have produced the fruit He wanted, not the temporary fix I thought was 'right'.

Sometimes a hard lesson to learn. I am grateful he is a second (and third, fourth) chance Father....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! That is SO true! We have to trust Him no matter what!... But yeah, sometimes it's REALLY hard, but with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can do it all! XOXO, Super Mel! <3 :)

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Articles About...
Archives
Previous Posts
Links
Credits